Objective 2 Learn how to use a flash gun
In Negotiated Major project the work i am doing for the degree show i am also producing work about crime. I making my own crime scene so i have needed a flash gun to create the same effect that forensic photographers get when take images of real crimes. I wanted to know why do i need why forensic photographers need a flash gun is really necessary?
(Nikon Flash Gun, 2017)
(the information below is from Negotiated Major Project ) (Jackson, 2017)
Why do I need a Flash Gun?
To make my shoot look as authentic as possible I will need to use a flash gun but why do I need to use one ? To ensure an accurate exposures, especially for scenes with deep shadows, Crime scene photographers use a flash gun (flash fill). Also Flash fill is useful In scenes illuminated by bright sunlight there will usually be dark shadow areas. Sometimes evidence is located in the shadows. According to (Staggs,S 2017) “Detail in the deep shadow areas may be lost when the exposure is based on the overall brightness of the scene.” Therefore with the use of flash fill, the brightness level in the shadow areas can be raised to the overall brightness of the scene. If tiny details are not visible to see then evidence could be missed and this could affect the case
Evidence of Flash Gun use
I think i understand how to use a flash gun now after using to complete my NMP images so i should be able to produce some better images for The Pusher handprints and Footprints evidence.
Objective 3 Evidence of expanded Social Media Presence
To achieve objective 3 i have expanded my social media presence by making a photography instagram page, so far i have some photographer , photographic related companies wanting to flow me to see what i am doing. Hopefully if i carrying adding image si will receive more followers. This could be a good way to find jobs as many photography companies could see my work and might want to work with me . This something to keep in mind for the future. I already had Facebook page but i need to update regularly as i get people looking at my page but no inquiries. The last time updated was while ago i need to update it regularly.
(Instagram, 2017)
(Facebook.com, 2017)
Update Competition Entries
Screen shot of my upload to :
(Photocrowd.com, 2017)
(Photocrowd.com, 2017)
(Photocrowd.com, 2017)
below are screen shot me entering the images from shoot 1,2,3,4 to the THE IAFOR DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD 2017 and Photocrowd Hit the street competition. i have chosen all my shoot to submit as i need 15 images and all four equal 15 images. But also they all fit the brief which is history, narrative and story.
Screen shot of my upload to :
THE IAFOR DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD 2017
below are screen shot me entering the images from shoot 3, to the Photocrowd Hit the street competition. i have chosen photoshoot 3 to upload as it is mainly looks at shop fronts which are more street photography then the photoshoots hence why choose it. I thought i could just submit one image but i am submitting all three images that make the story of the crime of Rochdale of sex ring. I dont know how my work be received as it is different to other street photography but maybe i will stand out for being different. I have found that Hit the Street is a paid entry now so i will pay £21 for my images.
Screen shot of my upload to :
Photocrowd Hit the street
(Photocrowd.com, 2017)
(Photocrowd.com, 2017)







No comments:
Post a Comment