Thursday, 18 May 2017

Last year's PDP



This is last year's Personal Development plan, This for when I was developing a landscape portfolio, achieve most of the objectives I set but I don't think this plan doesn't represent what I want to do in the future. As I am thinking and will probably create a portfolio on crime I will need to update my personal development plan to coincide with my current portfolio and what I want to do. One of the objectives I will keep is the social media presence as since this personal development plan I have added a photography Instagram page as well as facebook photography page, They are very general photography pages showcasing all my photographic work. Therefore that objective is ongoing objective that will help me whatever photography style my portfolio is based on. 




PART A –OBJECTIVE SETTING 

Timescale to be achieved
1. Creative landscape images 

April 2016 
2: To enter competitions and gain feedback/ criticisms to help me further
Revised 
To get my images in stock libraries
April 2016 
3:  Social media presence
April 2016 
4: To produce a Landscape portfolio 
April 2016 





PART B PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT PLAN 

Development goals and methods to enable you to achieve your objectives

Development goals
Development methods1
Help needed from2
Review methods,3 dates, and comments

To research and find other ways to create landscape images in a creative manner 



Research different landscape photographers through different mediums 

Landscape photographers, YouTube, Instagram and facebook 

May 2016

Enter photo competition like the ephotozine photo contest finder, Nat Geo to help me gain experience and get necessary criticisms and feedback so I can use it later on in my working life.

REVISED 
Get my images in stock libraries 



Match the themes don’t enter the competition I have no interest in.




REVISED 

Researching the best stock libraries to put my images in and upload to 2 or 3

Past winners 





REVISED 

Peers, tutors and the internet 


April 2016 




REVISED 

April 2016

Create a website using wix or 1 &1 and facebook page 



Look at other facebook photography pages and use website templates 


Website designer or peers 



March 2016 


To Produce a Landscape portfolio that reflects me and my creativity



Look at different parts of landscape photography and think outside the box.


The internet, landscape magazines, Tutors

April 2016 









Career Aspirations 

What are your longer-term (i.e. 3-5 year) career aspirations?  
·         I want to leave university with a 2:1 degree or higher 
·         Travel around the world on a cruise ship whilst working as a photographer 
·         To be an assistant or gain an internship to be locations manger
·         To be a locations manger





Development goals and methods to assist with career aspirations 

Development goals
Development methods1
Help needed from2
Review methods,3 dates and comments
To make sure all my work for university is 2:1 standard or above 


Attend every session, ask for feedback, make sure I do three blog post a week at least.


Tutors, peers 

So far I am on target to achieve my goal of a 2:1 or above but I won’t know for sure until June 2016. I have attended majority of session and tried to stay on my blog posts. But I haven’t asked for help or feedback really as I am not a type of person to ask which I need to achieve by next year.


To research photography jobs on cruise ships 




Research thoroughly into different cruise ships and what qualification, experience and training I will need to get this job.


Family friend who works on a cruise ship 

I have research lots of different cruise liners and the requirements are relatively similar. There are three certain certificates I would need to acquire before I can work on these ships. I would also have to wait until I am 25 to be able start working on these ships so maybe I should look at different opportunity.
To research internships and assistant jobs in TV and media industry.


Thoroughly research internships and assistant jobs to see which one would give me the most valuable experience 

Current locations Mangers 
Tutors 
Look on LinkedIn


I have found that to be a location manager work experience and that an internship specifically towards locations doesn’t really exist. The best way to get work experience is go through the BBC work experience programme I have missed the window for this year but next year I can apply to get me on the way to becoming a locations manager.


Locations Manager 



 Look at all requirements, skills, training and opportunities for this job 

BBC 
LinkedIn 
Prospects


I have looked thoroughly at prospect location manager job specification and still really think it is the one job I want to do I would need experience and work my way to reach this job but I am willing to do it.


Date of objectives set… Nov 2015 

PART C – MID-POINT REVIEW
Please indicate below if you have already ‘achieved’ or is ‘on target’, ‘behind schedule’, the objective has been ‘revised’ or the objective is ‘no longer applicable’. (Please use the boxes below to capture any comments about progress)
Achieved
On target
Behind schedule
Revised
No longer applicable
Progress against Objective 1



  
  x


Progress against Objective 2   
  




 x

Progress against Objective 3

        
     x




Progress against Objective 4





  x


Additional objectives:  to revise my competition goal to something else I am thinking stock libraries as it gets my work out there.







                                



PART D – END OF PDP REVIEW
Please indicate below if you have ‘achieved’, ‘partially achieved, ‘objective is ‘not achieved’ or objective is ‘no longer applicable’. 
(Use boxes below to capture any comments about progress)

Achieved
Partially achieved
Not achieved
No longer applicable
Progress against Objective 1 


  
  x


Progress against Objective 2


x



Progress against Objective 3

  
x



Progress against Objective 4

       
  x














OVERALL REVIEW OF PERFORMANCE

Overall summary of Performance 
I am satisfied with my performance because I did achieve a majority of my objectives but I do think if I concentrated on this as my other modules I may have completed and achieved everything I wanted to at a higher standard. I wanted to do more creative landscape images but due to time constraints I haven’t been able to do that which is disappointing and I only have myself to blame I should have not become complacent with my objectives and met them all by the end of this module instead of only a few.


Date of completion………. 16/04/2016







Updated PDP  2017





PART A –OBJECTIVE SETTING 

Timescale to be achieved
1. To find opportunities for study to improve my chances of becoming a forensic photographer 

May 2017
2: To learn how to use a flash gun to create images like  actual forensic photographs.
April 2017
3:  Expand my Social media presence
April 2016 continue to April 2017 
4: To produce a portfolio on crime 
May 2017





PART B PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT PLAN 

Development goals and methods to enable you to achieve your objectives

Development goals
Development methods1
Help needed from2
Review methods,3 dates, and comments

To research the qualifications of a Forensic photographer.



Research further education options in forensic and criminology 

Prospects, The Police, Family friends who are in crime scene department 

May 2017
To find why the use of flash gun is important  in crime scene photography 


Take a flash gun from the store and try it for both pro frameworks and NMP.
John Boothe, Lasma 
watch tutorials on how to use it if needed.


April 2017 

Create an Instagram photography page and update my current Facebook page 



Look at other Instagram and Facebook  photography pages 


 Peers in my year, family and friends 



March 2017


To Produce a Crime based portfolio in a documentary style 



Look at different crime and evidence practitioners that create work about crime in a different way.


The internet, Tutors,

May 2017  









Career Aspirations 

What are your longer-term (i.e. 3-5 year) career aspirations?  
·         I want to leave university with a 2:1 degree or higher 
·         To become a  forensic photographer 

.       Take a year out and have time travel the world 


.     If not possible to become a forensic photographer i would like to work as a features photojournalist for a newspaper 










Development goals and methods to assist with career aspirations 

Development goals
Development methods1
Help needed from2
Review methods,3 dates, and comments
To make sure all my work for university is 2:1 standard or above 


Attend sessions, ask for feedback, make sure I do 2 blog post a week at least.


Tutors, peers 




To research the job description of a Forensic photographer.



Research thoroughly into the qualifications needed to be a forensic photographer. Look at options to further study in forensic science.


A family friend who is in crime scene department, The Police, prospects.


To take a year out to travel 


research how much a gap year on average costs.
family and friends, 


Photojournalist opportunity at a newspaper.


 research internships, jobs at a newspaper 

Prospects, Indeed, Guardian jobs 




Date of objectives set… Jan 2017 

PART C – MID-POINT REVIEW  March 2017 
Please indicate below if you have already ‘achieved’ or is ‘on target’, ‘behind schedule’, the objective has been ‘revised’ or the objective is ‘no longer applicable’. (Please use the boxes below to capture any comments about progress)
Achieved
On target
Behind schedule
Revised
No longer applicable
Progress against Objective 1


x
  
  


Progress against Objective 2   
  

x
   


Progress against Objective 3

        
     
x



Progress against Objective 4





  x


Additional objectives:  








                                



PART D – END OF PDP REVIEW May 2017 
Please indicate below if you have ‘achieved’, ‘partially achieved, ‘objective is ‘not achieved’ or objective is ‘no longer applicable’. 
(Use boxes below to capture any comments about progress)

Achieved
Partially achieved
Not achieved
No longer applicable
Progress against Objective 1 


  
  


Progress against Objective 2






Progress against Objective 3





Progress against Objective 4

      
  














OVERALL REVIEW OF PERFORMANCE

Overall summary of Performance 




Date of completion………. 








Forensic Photographer  Job Requirements

If this my chosen career I need to look at the requirements needed to do the job. 


Essential Information
Required EducationSome coursework in forensics and photography or a completed degree in photography
Projected Job Growth (2014-2024)*3% for all photographers
Median Salary (2015)*£ 30,710 annually for all photographers
(Study.com, 2017)

looking at this I  could go into forensic photography as I will have a degree in photography and this is one of the required elements needed for the job. However, according to (Study.com, 2017), I need to look at "scientific courses for a career in forensics." it is essential that I do a course in forensic science or criminology to become a forensic photographer. It is not a major concern as when I was looking before at requirements for a forensic photographer they said I needed science a-levels which I don't have so this is a bit of a relief.However, I would need to look into the cost for further education course in this area to see if i could do it.



Swot Analysis  on becoming a Forensic Photographer 

I need to a do a swot analysis on if I can become a forensic photographer as I need to see  what  my strengths, opportunities, weaknesses  threats  in achieving my goal of becoming a forensic photographer 



Strengths                                                                                Weaknesses

Photography Degree                                                            Lack of sciene qualifcations 
                                                                                            Need forensic qualification
Enthusiastic about the job 
Doing work on crime before 






Opportunities                                                                      Threats 

learn how to handle evidence                            Lack of jobs for someone outside the police

find courses in forensic science                             









Photojournalist  Job Requirements


Looking at the job requirements for a Photojournalist I have found that:



Required EducationBachelor's degree in journalism, photography, visual communications or related field
Required SkillsPhoto editing, writing, proofreading, reporting and photographic techniques
Projected Job Growth (2014-2024)*3% for all photographers
Median Salary (2016)**£ 37,885 annually

(Study.com, 2017)

I will have the main required skill for this job I will have a degree in photography, this is very promising news that I will have the main required skill which means that it could be easier for me to enter this field than forensic photography has I will need extra qualifications to go into this job. I have started to look into newspaper internships and jobs and they look really interesting and something i would like to do.The money aspect is a plus point too but i am more interested in liking the job than the salary. But to be in newsaper industry most of the jobs are in London, I would rather find a job in manchester as i don't move to London as it is so expensive to live. but if i want to go into this job i may have  to  consider a move to London




Swot Analysis  on becoming a Photojournalist 

I need to a do a swot analysis on my opportunities at working for a newspaper. if I can't become a forensic photographer I want to document crime and major events hopefully for a newspaper.  I need to see  what  my strengths, opportunities, weaknesses  threats  in achieving my goal of becoming a forensic photographer 




Strengths                                                                                Weaknesses

Photography Degree                                                    Lack of photojournalist experiences
                                                                                            Don't want to press photography 
can work indepedent
 Currently, produce working in this style                        don't want to move to London






Opportunities                                                                           Threats 
               

internships                                              Journlism degree grads national and international
                                                                                                 
jobs prospects 
















No comments:

Post a Comment